Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Spunky Tells All by Ann Cameron

As a new dog owner ( 3 1/2 years) I have a different appreciation for stories told in a dog's point of view.  SPUNKY TELLS ALL had me laughing out loud and wondering if my dog had similar thoughts as Spunky.  While a sequel/companion to Ann Cameron's older books about Huey and Julian, readers do not have to be familiar with them although I believe after reading this one they may want more and will look for those older books. Written for readers graduating from easy chapter books this a nice transition book although it is not on the easy side. The chapters are not too long and there are pictures which are adorable.  I would recommended this for second grade advanced readers up through 6th grade for strugglers and definitely for those that enjoy dog stories and humorous books.




No comments: