Saturday, June 30, 2012

Crush:The Theory, Practice and Destructive Properties of Love by Gary Paulsen




Gary Paulsen is one of my favorite authors especially for adventure and historical fiction books for boys.  In meeting Kevin in Crush I've seen a whole other side to Paulsen and I love it!  Kevin wants to ask a girl out on a date but believes he needs to learn the ins and outs of love and relationships first.  He set out to find out what he can.  His observations are hilarious and readers, boy and girls alike, will laugh out loud.  I did!  Once readers get to know Kevin, they may also want to read the two previous books about Kevin, Liar, Liar and Flat Broke.  Recommended for fourth graders and up who enjoy humorous stories.  I will also recommended it for girls asking for romance books.  Read as an ebook arc courtesy of Random House Children's Books via Netgalley.








No comments: