Monday, February 6, 2012

Scaredy Squirrel by Melanie Watt




A few years ago I introduced Scaredy Squirrel to the students in my school library. The book became an instant hit and as each new Scaredy Squirrel adventure unfolded I could barely keep up with the demand. Fast forward three years and I am in a "new" school library. Open Road offered me the opportunity to read the original Scaredy Squirrel as an ebook. Within a few days I purchased and added two copies to my school library collection. Once again, Scaredy Squirrel checks out as fast as it is returned. Whether it is the adorable illustrations or the story that delights, students are drawn to it. From first grade to sixth it is one of my most popular and most requested books. Needless to say the other Scaredy Squirrel books are now on my wish list.

Thank you Open Road via Netgalley for allowing me the opportunity to be reacquainted with Melanie Watts's wonderful book via ebook and therefore sharing it with my students. Recommended for a home library whether in print or digitally and for every elementary school library.

No comments: